Saturday 13 April 2013

M.A.C Studio Finish Concealer, Studio Fix Foundation & Select Sheer Powder (Pressed)

I'm not normally a fan of 'expensive' make up brands and still don't understand how some companies can justify the prices they charge. I've always stuck to High st brands and been more than happy with the results.

One thing I have always struggled with is my oily skin. At 27 I still have pretty bad break outs and a very uneven skin tone. I've also inherited my Mum's horrific dark circles which are HUGE - I can not go out without concealer over them or I'll look 10yrs older.

Having wedding make up done was my first experience of the more expensive products and I have to say that I was impressed with the quality of the coverage and staying power. I have since invested a small fortune in these 3 babies; M.A.C Studio Finish Concealer, Studio Fix Foundation & Select Sheer Powder.


I use all 3 in shade NC15 and I LOVE them. Being so pale means I usually struggle to get a good colour match but I went into the M.A.C store in Westfield (London) and had somebody find my perfect shade.

Studio Finish Concealer (£14.50): This is the small round pot at the top. M.A.C describe this as "A lightweight, creamy, discreetly opaque concealer. Provides a smooth, long-wearing invisible coverage for all skin blemishes. It effectively covers dark circles, blemishes, moles, tattoos and birthmarks. Enriched with antioxidants it also contains Silica to help adsorb the skin's oils." Well, from swapping to this from a cheap concealer stick I cant argue that this delivers a crazy amount of coverage - you totally could cover a tattoo with it. Some people say that they cant use this without a concealer brush as fingers just pick up too much product. For me, my finger tip works much better than a brush as the product becomes more workable when it warms up - and I guess my dark circles need more product. I do use a small concealer brush to cover any blemishes. This tends to be a weekend product and I keep my cheaper concealer stick handy for weekdays (as I don't really give a crap about looking pretty at work).

Studio Fix Foundation (£20.50): Yes, it costs a lot... but I've been using this for almost a year (at least 5 days a week) and I'm nowhere near finished. I just adore this foundation and I cant go out without it on. It really helps to reduce the redness of my skin and control the oils on my nose and forehead. M.A.C describe this as "A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium-buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15. Comfortable and long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. Applies smoothly, builds coverage quickly and easily. Contains specially treated micronized pigments and soft-focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps minimize the appearance of imperfections. Absorbs and disperses oil. Contains special skin-conditioning ingredients. Oil free." For work I just use a pea sized amount (which one pump dispenses perfectly) and one layer. If I'm going out I will build the coverage a little more. Love love love, very much doubt I'll ever go back to a cheaper brand of foundation.

Select Sheer Pressed Powder (£20): This powder is so light and fine where as I find the cheaper alternatives make my skin look cakey. Even used on it's own it delivers a nice amount of coverage and absorbs shine brilliantly. M.A.C describe this as "Micro-fine, sheer and silky. Pressed for portability. Goes on lightly. Won't shift your shade or leave its mark. Lets skin's natural vitality and freshness glow through. Comes with its own suede-finish sponge. Blurs lines. Makes skin look flawless." I agree. 

Overall I would highly recommend any of these products to anyone who suffers with acne or oily skin. My confidence definitely increases when I use them and I feel less self conscious. 

<3
 



No comments:

Post a Comment