Wednesday 3 April 2013

Decoupage Make-Up box

I'm off work this week and needed a little project to fill my time. I saw a brilliant post by Hello, Terri Lowe showing how she uses the Moppe drawers from Ikea to store make up and I thought it would be a great way to try my first decoupage attempt.

My box was £15 and this is what it looked like before (pretty boring):

I already had some leftover wrapping paper and wanted a floral / polka dot theme. The Pin-Up illustrations came from a book I own which shows all the covers from the old 'dirty' mags. First of all I measured the drawers and cut out 6 pieces of paper to fit.

Using undiluted PVA, I stuck the paper to the drawers and left to dry. The paper did wrinkle loads but I actually really like the texture it has left. Whilst they were drying I painted any areas of the box which would remain visible white and covered the top / sides with the polka dot paper.

When the drawers were dry I stuck on my Pin-Up cut outs and finally gave the whole thing a final coat of PVA to seal it. I LOVE IT!!! 


2 comments:

  1. this is so cute - i love it! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it was really fun to make too x

    ReplyDelete